We caught up with Alex, from our Operations team, and asked her 10 quick fire questions about her resort visit to Croatia.
Croatia is a beautiful destination and Villa Plus have over 40 villas dotted across the stunning Istrian peninsula.
Have you been before?
I’ve never been to Croatia but have always wanted to go!
What were you most looking forward to?
I was most looking forward to the food and taking scenic pics as I’ve always had an eye for photography
What did you expect?
A lot of countryside, wine vineyards and colourful historic buildings
3 things you shouldn’t miss?
1) Church of St. Euphemia, Rovinj – You can climb up the tower which offers stunning views of the Marina.
2) The arena in Marina in Pula. An architectural masterpiece, an ancient Roman amphitheatre.
3) The vineyards – it’s a must to do wine tasting when you have so many options of where to do it in Croatia.
Favourite Villa/Place/Activity and why?
1) My favourite Villa is Villa Judita, in Porec– it gives off a magical fairy-tale and doll house feel. Recommended for groups!
2) Favourite place was Rovinj as there was lots of restaurants to choose from, here you can visit the church of St Euphemia and art galleries also!
3) If I were there long enough I’d get the ferry from Porec to Venice – it’s so easy and a MUST for a day out 😊
How was driving?
Driving was super easy! I’ve never driven abroad before, but all the roads are straight and not very busy. The road signs are easy to follow, I actually enjoyed it as it’s sunny and scenic!
What’s the food and wine like?
Our rep showed us the must go to tapas bar in Porec – Bacchus Vinoteka. It was full of locals with a buzzing atmosphere. Here we enjoyed wine and shared a meat platter – YUM!
We went in September and it was 25c!
Truffles! They were advertised everywhere. We ended up buying a truffle oil as a souvenir. There are lots of markets offering tasters and variety of truffles in all different products.
Most unexpected thing?
We got a boat around sunset from Porec harbour and managed to spot dolphins… this was totally unexpected!